What is the Parent Taught Drivers Ed (PTDE) Program Guide Packet?
The Parent Taught Drivers Ed Packet is required to be purchased from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. But don’t worry you can purchase the packet in under 5 minutes, completely online.
When do I need to get the PTDE Packet?
This is a state requirement and needs to happen before taking the course.
How do I order the PTDE Packet?
The easiest way is to purchase the packet online.
- Purchase the Request for Parent Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Service Application from the TDLR.
- The application costs $20. After you purchase the application, you will receive an email with a download link. Check your spam and junk folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
I lost my PTDE Packet, how do I get it again?
Don’t worry as long as you have some basic information you can easily download a copy of your PTDE Program Guide here.
PTDE Packet Tips
- If you purchased the PTDE packet and had it emailed you can continue with the course. You do not have to wait for it to physically arrive.
- Having an issue with your order? Contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) directly:
- Phone: 800-803-9202
- Contact Form
- Check the status of your purchase